Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UnauthorizedAccessException

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfgang

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: UnauthorizedAccessException Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm running version 2.3.13.0 on WIN7 64 bit using VS2010 TFS.
I added my VS project to the workspace, scanned all cultures, added my translations, and then built the German language using Source Localization.

I get the following in the output window:
Building abcWeb\abc, German
Writing changes to C:\Code\abcWeb\Main\Source\abcWebsite\Source\abcWeb\App_GlobalResources\abc.de.resx
** ERROR E001: An error occurred while building file de for target abcWeb\abc. This file will not be built. Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException Description: Access to the path 'C:\Code\abcWeb\Main\Source\abcWebsite\Source\abcWeb\App_GlobalResources\abc.de.resx' is denied.
Build complete -- 1 errors, 0 warnings

On my local machine the file permissions for the App_GlobalResources file and the resource files are set to full control for both users and administrators. VS2010 is closed.

Can you give me some help in understanding what I need to do to write the changes to the project?
Thanks,
Wolfgang
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This error usually means that there is a permissions problem or the file is readonly. If you try to open the problem file in Notepad and save it then I think you will probably get the same error (is that correct)?

If you are using TFS then I suspect that it may be setting the Readonly attribute for the file to true because it is not checked out.

Version 3 of Globalizer includes support for Custom Events which allows you to configure Globalizer to automatically checkout files from TFS before it tries to change them - see the following thread for more detail:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1834
Wolfgang

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply! Checking out the file before running the build solved the problem. The link in your response is also very helpful. We'll look at upgrading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: