Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FirstAuthenticationDate And Remove Authentications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Dukes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: FirstAuthenticationDate And Remove Authentications Reply with quote

When I select a license key in Tracker, Remove Authentications under the Authentication menu is enabled. Does this feature affect FirstAuthenticationDate and if so, how? Thanks, Bob
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No this doesn't change the FirstAuthenticationDate. So if a customer needs to transfer their subscription license to another machine you can remove their existing authentication. When they install the license on the new machine the FirstAuthenticationDate will still be the date the license was first authenticated on any machine.
Bob Dukes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks - Bob
Bob Dukes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I just helped a customer transfer a license to a new machine. I used the Remove Authentications under the Authentication menu and the customer was able to do the transfer. However, when I imported the authentication info back from the server, the FirstAuthenticationDate showing in license Tracker 5.5.3 is not the date the license was authenticated on his original machine, but is the date the transfer took place. Earlier in this thread, you replied
So if a customer needs to transfer their subscription license to another machine you can remove their existing authentication. When they install the license on the new machine the FirstAuthenticationDate will still be the date the license was first authenticated on any machine.
Did I misconstrue what was said or is this is bug. If it isn't a bug, please let me know how I can preserve the FirstAuthenticationDate when transferring a license so I can maintain the original subscription period. Thanks - Bob
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange. I just verified using the sample product/projects the behaviour and the LicenseKey FirstAuthenticationDate shown in LicenseTracker was unaffected when I removed the authentications and when the key was reauthenticated and the authentications imported.

Are you sure that you are looking at the "First Authentication Date" for the License Key? Each authentication (under the License Key) also has a "Date First Authenticated" column which shows the date the license key was first authenticated on a particular computer. This will change when you remove the authentications - but the First Authentication Date displayed when you select the License Key will not.
Bob Dukes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right. I was looking at "Date First Authenticated". I have checked the license FirstAuthenticationDate property on the customer's machine the license was transferred to and it does return the date the customer first authenticated his license on the original machine. How did you display "First Authentication Date" in Tracker? When I select the license key, I don't see that column.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The column may be hidden. Select a license key and then right click on the column headers and select Show/Hide Columns then check the First Authentication Date column.
Bob Dukes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're 2 for 2. The column was hidden just as you said. After 'showing' the "First Authentication Date" column, it has the date the customer first authenticated his license on the original machine. Thanks for setting me straight on this. - Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: