Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Splash screen not terminating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Splash screen not terminating Reply with quote

The splash screen starts properly, but does not exit (doesn't fade out). It remains in place on top of the main form of the application. The only way I could get rid of it was to terminate it from Task Manager.
I compared the code as I implemented it in the application against the sample Bootstrap project and it looks the same -- I didn't change the SplashForm class at all, and the code in Main is the same as the code in the sample except for the name of the .enc file.
Any suggestions? Could the application code somehow be preventing the splash page events from firing? Or did I just miss something obvious?
(BTW, it looks like the code in the DisplaySplash routine is checking the values in _fadeInTime and _fadeOutTime instead of the values in the arguments fadeInTime and fadeOutTime.)
If you would like to see the code, please let me know what to send.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the sample projects work OK for you?

What sort of application are you encrypting (Windows Forms or WPF)?

If your application is a WPF application then you need to ensure that your bootstrap has the compilation constant SUPPORT_WPF defined. This constant is used in the SplashForm to enable the code that will allow the SplashForm to close once a WPF application enteres the Idle state.

You're right about the range checks on the DisplaysSplash arguments. This shouldn't really affect anything if you are supplying valid arguments but we will fix this in the next update.
William Shaw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the sample worked fine.
It's a Windows Forms app.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SplashScreen hooks the Application.Idle event to close itself. This is usually fired by Windows once your application has fully loaded. If you are displaying a modal dialog (eg message box) before entering your application loop or doing something else unusual then it may not fire. In this case you call

Code:
Application.RaiseIdle(new EventArgs());

Before you display your dialog/message box to ensure that the splash screen is closed.
William Shaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: