Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to copy Bootstrap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Shaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Best way to copy Bootstrap Reply with quote

After working through the sample provided I moved on to implementing one of my own sample apps and found that I couldn't find an easy way to copy the sample Bootstrap for the new project. What would you recommend?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the simplest thing is to exit Visual Studio and then just copy the directory containing the boostrap project to your own location. Then you can open the bootstrap project and make the changes you need to.

This will include (as described in the help):

• Changing the project strong name
  • Changing the Pre-build event to encrypt your own assembly
  • Removing the sample encrypted assembly and adding your own encrypted assembly(s) as embedded resources
  • Changing the Program.Main method to pass your assembly name to the ExecuteAssembly method
  • Changing the name of the output executable assembly (and version information) to your own name
  • Changing Splash Screen image

William Shaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was hoping for something slicker, but that will work.
In the mean time I tried creating a new empty project and Adding existing files from the Bootstrap sample, but that led to lots of problems.
Javier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
•Changing the project strong name

•Changing the Pre-build event to encrypt your own assembly

•Removing the sample encrypted assembly and adding your own encrypted assembly(s) as embedded resources

•Changing the Program.Main method to pass your assembly name to the ExecuteAssembly method

•Changing the name of the output executable assembly (and version information) to your own name

•Changing Splash Screen image

Where exactly do you change the name of the output executable assembly to your own name? I assume that in the samples this output file is Bootstrap.exe. Please confirm.
At the end you will have only one output executable file which will be part of the installer, regardless of the number of assemblies in your application. What is the location of this output file?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where exactly do you change the name of the output executable assembly to your own name? I assume that in the samples this output file is Bootstrap.exe. Please confirm.

You change the output assembly name in the Project properties in the Application tab. The default assembly name for the sample is "Bootstrap"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> .NET Encryptor Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: