Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frequent authentication failures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Frequent authentication failures Reply with quote

Having to do a ton of authentications manually. Some go through, some fail on the first try but go on the second, and some fail totally and I have to do them manually.

Also, when trying to do them myself I am getting failures the first time. It's almost as if the connection doesn't come "alive' to my auth installation until it fails (pings) it once.

Same with the IPN server at times. Is this normal? I'm getting tired of doing them manually....
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is definitely not normal. We would maybe authenticate 1 in 30 customers manually - this is usually because the customer is installing the license on a computer that is not connected to the internet. The only failure you typically get with IPN.NET is sending email - if the user hasn't provided a valid email address.

Are these failures with you testing - or are they real customers?

If Authentication fails it displays a message about the cause - can you obtain and post this information.
MPR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: error Reply with quote

This is the error they are getting when trying to authenticate.

They are connected to the internet and I am having to do maybe 14 out of 20 manually. I know most of my customers since the software relates to an online car racing sim we all use, so most of them are tech savvy.

Not sure why I'm getting so many failures. Here is the message I get every time I try to use ILS to download the new authentications. The second try works, but if I wait ten minutes I have that first failure, second success again.

This is the error I get the first time I try the IPN import (second time works)

Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another user has just reported a similar issue - also using a new GoDaddy account:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7599#7599

In their case if the user clicks "No" and tries again it succeeds. It looks like this is a problem with some setting that Goddady have changed in newer accounts (since we also use Godaddy - but have no issues). Another possibility is that your shared server is under very heavy load and that is causing the timeouts.

What sort of Godaddy hosting account are you using?

Last edited by Infralution on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of googling seems to indicate the problem is at the server end (and may be due to server load). See the following links:

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E408.html

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1849905&start=0

What is the responsiveness of the website hosting the service like?

You should probably open a GoDaddy support ticket on this issue. If we an lend any weight to helping you resolve this with them we will. If they are unable to remedy the issue we will reconsider recommending them for new customers.
MPR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite possible that the server is heavily loaded. I am using the following account type as shown below. I will submit a support ticket to see about the server load. Thanks for the offer to assist if needed.

Hosting - Web - Economy - Windows
MPR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sent me some half baked response telling me I had to buy a dedicated server if I was going to do 50 transactions a day...

I replied with a scathing response telling them if they were too lazy to troubleshoot the problem to just let me know and I would pick another provider, and shortly after I received a very polite response saying if it happened again to let them know so they could look into it.

Aside from all that, it hasn't acted up since I went live on Saturday, so it must have been someone else doing something naughty. Smile
joefox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same exact problem, with no resolution.

I dont have a "new" acount with Godaddy, Ive had the same account for over 7 years.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using shared hosting? It seems the most likely reason for this issue is that your server is under very heavy load - probably due to another rogue process/client on your server. Contact GoDaddy to ask them to check out the problem.
MPR

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's shared hosting and it definitely seems to be a server load problem, but to get GoDaddy to check it out they want me to white a dissertation and do most of the legwork for them.

Just not worth my time, and when I release version 2 of my software I will just move to a dedicated server with another provider. GoDaddys customer support (all 4 instances I contacted them for various issues) is horrible and they refused to let me speak to a higher level tech when I asked, so for now I just deal with the timeouts and manual authentications.
MPR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up trying to get help from godaddy, and if you want the details, please visit my other thread. Suffice to say, their support is poorly educated, and locked in to reading the support desk "script" and aren't allowed to deviate no matter how logical your argument. Since switching to 1and1 I have had no file transfer latency issues and no timeouts!!

Here is the other thread regarding proxy issues with 1and1 and more on godaddy.

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7709#7709
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: