Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please improve the ILS Licensetracker performance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basspassion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Please improve the ILS Licensetracker performance Reply with quote

Hi.

I have the License DB on a hosted server.

Using the License tracker remotely is extremely slow. It takes ages to start, any operation takes 1 minute or more to complete. Simply clicking on the filter buttons for example. It's clearly not optimized for a client/server setup over WLAN.
It's a pity, since the convenience of having the Authentication server directly update the License DB is in theory great, but that forces me to run the License tracker remotely.
Please at least implemet paging, there is no need to fetch all thousands of records for every operation.

Oh, and it's not a bandwith issue, I'm normally on a 50mBit connection. In this case the DB is on SQL Server Azure. But I did see the exact same performance when I had it hosted on a dedicated VPS as well. (In fact I had in on 2 differnet hosters earlier, all with the same problem)

Regards,
Magnus
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

License Tracker does implement a paging mechanism - so that only the records that are actually displayed are retrieved from the database and as you scroll more records are fetched. I don't think that this is therefore the bottleneck. You are correct however in that License Tracker was not really designed or optimized for this scenario. We are considering developing a web based interface for customers who wish to use remote databases.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just released Version 5.1.0 of ILS. We have done quite a bit of work in this release on the performance of License Tracker when connecting to an SQL Server database on a remote network. This has resulted in some dramatic improvements in performance. Actions that would take 20 to 30 seconds previous version when connecting via a slow (high latency) connection are now almost instantaneous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: