Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

exceeded license exception calling AuthenticateKey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: exceeded license exception calling AuthenticateKey Reply with quote

HI,

I installed the Infralution Licensing System version 4 on my new dev computer.
In my .Net program when I call the AuthenticateKey method I get an exception with the message: "The number of installations allowed for this license key has been exceeded"

On my old dev computer, I use the same version of Infralution and the same code and the authentification works.

Originally I thought that the key I used in my call to AuthenticateKey 'exceed' the number of installations, but now I have the feeling that it is MY (local) INFRALUTION LICENSEKEY that exceeds the maximum number of installations.

Question: Is that true ? Is there really a maximum of installs I can do using my Infralution key ?

If yes, how can I 'free' licenses that I do not need anymore. I changed the dev environment to a new computer and are happy to 'free' the license key on my old dev machine. But I do not know how.

Any help is highly appreciated.
Best regards
Hans-Juergen
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are getting the message when you are running YOUR application - is that correct?

In that case the problem is that the license key you are authenticating has been installed on more machines than the authentication limit set in your Product properties. You can use License Tracker to import authentication data from the Authentication Server to see which machines the license key has been authenticated on. You can then either increase the authentication limit for the individual key or delete one or more of the existing authentications which will allow the key to be installed on a new computer.

There are no additional limits on the number of keys you can generate (or authenticate) using a licensed version of ILS. There is a limit on the number of machines ILS can be installed on (but it doesn't sound like you have hit this) - and if you have only purchased a single license you should uninstalled ILS from other machines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: