Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Import Question Reply with quote

Hi.

Currently I use 3 Globalizer files.
One for our czech translation, one for finnish translation and one for english translation.
The reason behind this is that each language (except english) contains only a subset of the whole translatable text.

The finnish file contains additionally a column for english translations for reference only.

Some weeks ago I learned from you that a scan only scans for new or changed invariant values but does not update the translations for the other languages because Globalizer is seen as the primary translation tool by design. This is ok.

Now I have my english file which contains updated english translations and I want to update my finnish file with them.
I would run export from my english file und would import it into my finnish file (english language only).
Because the finnish file contains only a subset of context entries compared to my english file will the import add the missing context entries or does it only updates the values where it finds a matching context?

Best regards,
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The import will only import values for which there is already a context in the workspace ie it won't create new entries.

I think I would consider just using one master Globalizer.NET file for all languages for your project as it will simplify scanning and building your project. If aren't translating some targets in a given language then after you export the translations for that language you can open up the export file and just delete the targets that aren't required. This is how we manage the translation of Globalizer.NET - where not all languages have a translation of the help.
sheitman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and your tip.

In our case one master file wouldn't work very well I think.
Deleting not used translations sounds easy but it isn't in our case...
Sometimes a whole project is removed sometimes some controls and sometimes just single resx entries.

With my current setup I do not have to remove those values every time I give the translator a new version. I just do remove and exclude those entries once and I'm done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: