Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working with an ASP.NET Server Control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FredLarson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Working with an ASP.NET Server Control Reply with quote

I am using the demo version of your software with my ASP.NET server control and added a slightly modified version of your sample code to my control constructor. here is the code:
Code:
EncryptedLicenseProvider.SetParameters(licenseParameters);
if (LicenseManager.CurrentContext.UsageMode == LicenseUsageMode.Designtime)
{
   bool isLicensed = LicenseManager.IsLicensed(typeof(PCIWebFormMaestro));
   if (!LicenseManager.IsLicensed(typeof(PCIWebFormMaestro)))
   {
      if (LicenseManager.CurrentContext != lastLicenseContext)
      {
         LicenseInstallForm licenseForm = new LicenseInstallForm();
         licenseForm.ShowDialog("Web-Form Maestro", "www.webformmaestro.com", typeof(PCIWebFormMaestro));
      }
   }
}
else
{
if (LicenseManager.CurrentContext != lastLicenseContext)
   {
      bool isLicensed = LicenseManager.IsLicensed(typeof(PCIWebFormMaestro));
      // Add a message to the rendered page.
   }
}
lastLicenseContext = LicenseManager.CurrentContext;

I dragged an instance of my ASP.NET server control onto a web form container and just as expected, got a dialog box asking for my license code. After entering a license code, I exited Visual Studio and brought it up again to reset the context. I expected to see the same behavior as before when I dragged another instance of my control onto another web form but did not. I then set a breakpoint and found that islicensed was true. I assumed that this was because the License Install Form created a .LIC file after I entered a valid license code, but it did not.

The question is why is islicensed true? I couldn’t find a .LIC file anywhere so where is it finding the license code at designtime? Maybe I missed something in the documentation but I thought that the license key was stored in a .LIC file for design time.

Thanks…
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that it has created a ".lic" file - perhaps not where you expected. To confirm this use the LicenseManager.IsValid method to retrieve the license and check the LicenseKey is the one you installed eg:

Code:
License license = null;
if (!LicenseManager.IsValid(typeof(MainForm), this, out license))
{
   Debug.Writeline((license as EncryptedLicense).LicenseKey));
}

The ".lic" file should be in the bin directory containing your DLL - but with ASP things can get a little strange.
FredLarson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. It wasn't where I thought it would be. It was in the bin/debug directory of my server control project. I expected it to be in the bin directory of my container project. In other words, I have a test ASP.NET project called "LicenseTestProject." This is the project that uses my server control and the one that was active when I entered the license key. This is where the .LIC file is typically placed in an ASP.NET project.

When I purchase your product, will I also get the source for the LicenseInstallForm? If so, I can take a look at it and if necessary, change it.

Thanks...
FredLarson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out why the .LIC file was in the bin/debug directory of my server control project. Because I frequently debug my control, I had set the reference to my control to the DLL in my server control project, not a DLL that is in the test project BIN directory.

Thanks...
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found the issue. When you purchase you receive source code for the Licensing DLL classes (including the LicenseInstallForm)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: