Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XML Sales Import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: XML Sales Import Reply with quote

I am finally getting real sales and now I am trying to import them from share-it.

They have sent me an XML sales report, and I think I have set them up as a distributor correctly and copied the code snippet from your shareitxml sample code into their sales import definition.

When I try to do a sales import from a file, I get the following:

Error Importing Sales Data
An following error ocurred when reading XML:

Error:The XML declaration is unexpected. Line 1, position 5.
Line Number:1

It there any documentation available on this whole process?

Thanks,

Don
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sales definition for ShareIt should look like:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<Importer xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="XmlSalesImporter">
  <EmailSubject>Notification for Purchase</EmailSubject>
  <DateFormat>
    <string>yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss</string>
  </DateFormat>
  <PurchaseTag>Purchase</PurchaseTag>
  <PurchaseReferenceTag>PurchaseId</PurchaseReferenceTag>
  <PurchaseDateTag>PurchaseDate</PurchaseDateTag>
  <CustomerTag>CustomerData/BillingContact</CustomerTag>
  <SalutationTag>Salutation</SalutationTag>
  <LastNameTag>LastName</LastNameTag>
  <FirstNameTag>FirstName</FirstNameTag>
  <CompanyTag>Company</CompanyTag>
  <EmailTag>Email</EmailTag>
  <PhoneTag>Phone</PhoneTag>
  <FaxTag>Fax</FaxTag>
  <AddressTag>Address</AddressTag>
  <Street1Tag>Street1</Street1Tag>
  <Street2Tag>Street2</Street2Tag>
  <StateTag />
  <CityTag>City</CityTag>
  <ZipTag>PostalCode</ZipTag>
  <CountryTag>Country</CountryTag>
  <PurchaseItemTag>PurchaseItem</PurchaseItemTag>
  <ProductReferenceTag>ProductId</ProductReferenceTag>
  <QuantityTag>Quantity</QuantityTag>
  <LicenseKeyTag>PurchaseItemKey/Key</LicenseKeyTag>
  <LicenseKeyDelimiter>
</LicenseKeyDelimiter>
</Importer>

Are you importing from your Outlook Inbox or from a saved file?

If you are importing from email notifications then make sure that your ShareIt account is set to send you email notifications in XML Schema V1.3 format. This is under Adminstration->Additional Options in the Share It control panel.

You can also use the ShareIt control panel Reporting->Orders->Sales(XML) option to export the XML file. Make sure you check the Export License Keys checkbox. When you hit the download button this will probably load the XML into your browser . You can then save the XML to a file and import from file.

If you are still having problems email us a copy of the XML you a trying to import - strip out any specific customer information first.
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out what the problem was. When I was downloading the XML file from ShareIt, something bad was happening to it (probably in the character encoding).

When I download it as zip file, and then unzip it, it imported fine.

I did have to modify the XML to cause it to pick up the state, but other than that it worked perfectly.

I did have one suggestion and one question.

My orders consist of three products. Two software packages (which each have license keys generated by your software), and the third product, which is just a bundle of the first two at a reduced price.

When a customer orders the bundle, ShareIt treats it as three purchases, and that is what I receive. So I had to add the Bundle to the License Tracker as a product. However, the Bundle has no License Keys. The License Tracker forced me to enter a password for this product (I just used "None") and it worked OK. But there might be a better way to handle that, such as a list of product IDs to ignore.

Also, what is the LicenseKeyDelimiter field in the import definition for?

Thanks,

Don
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEdvalson wrote:
When a customer orders the bundle, ShareIt treats it as three purchases, and that is what I receive. So I had to add the Bundle to the License Tracker as a product. However, the Bundle has no License Keys. The License Tracker forced me to enter a password for this product (I just used "None") and it worked OK. But there might be a better way to handle that, such as a list of product IDs to ignore.

We do the same thing for our Source Code products - in this case however we have actually sold something separate. At least by including the Bundle as a separate product you have a way of tracking that.

DEdvalson wrote:

Also, what is the LicenseKeyDelimiter field in the import definition for?

If you sell more than once license in a single sale (and you have told ShareIt that you want it to issue multiple keys) then you get a list of license keys separated by the given delimiter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: