Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 7 Unpredictable Trial & Auth Mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pointeman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Unpredictable Trial & Auth Mode? Reply with quote

Our program protected with version 4.7 works perfectly on Windows XP test pc, but receiving strange results on Windows 7 Home Premium.

[Windows 7]
1. Trial
- EvaluationMonitor.DaysInUse never exceeds 2, even though its actually day 3 or greater

2. Authenticated
- _license.Status.ToString() returns the number "2" instead of "Valid"
- provider.IsAuthenticated(_license) works alright!
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Trial
- EvaluationMonitor.DaysInUse never exceeds 2, even though its actually day 3 or greater

This seems very strange. Is this Windows 7 64bit or 32bit? Have you run the application as the same user each time? Are you doing anything unusual - like calling the EvalautionMonitor from an installer?

The RegistryEvaluationMonitor will by default suppress exceptions - so that if something unexpected does go wrong it will default to day 1 - but I can't envisage how it could stop at 2 days. There is an alternative constructor that allows you to optionally allow exceptions to be propagated to your application - for you to handle. THis could provide more information. We also have a small test project that we could email you (if you have purchased ILS) that uses this option and displays all of the evaluation data or if there is an exception the exception information to allow you to analyse the issue better.

Quote:
2. Authenticated
- _license.Status.ToString() returns the number "2" instead of "Valid"
- provider.IsAuthenticated(_license) works alright!

Is this in some code that you have written? Because none of our code converts a status to a string like this. Still it seems odd - and possible a bug in the .NET Framework installation. What version of .NET Framework is installed on the system - and what is your application actually compiled against. Enumerations have underlying integer values and 2 would be the value for Valid - but I have never seen ToString() called on an Enumeration value do this. The MSDN documentation (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/16c1xs4z.aspx) certainly says it should return a string representation rather than the integer value.

I did a quick google - but was unable find anyone else reporting this issue. I think you may need to report this to Microsoft.
Pointeman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q. Is this Windows 7 64bit or 32bit?
A. 32

Q. Have you run the application as the same user each time?
A. Yes

Q. Are you doing anything unusual - like calling the EvalautionMonitor from an installer?
A. No

We're using a new Asus laptop (Win 7 64 Premium) for our test pc. Our program is 32 bit. All runs quite well, except for strange license behaviour.

We noticed after allowing the program to run continuous all weekend, the eval days are incrementing. The previous week during many program open and close, the incrementing would cease at 2 days and then toggle between 1 and 2 days.

I will send our complete code in private to support.

Thanks
Pointeman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1. I was obfuscating our program for testing purposes since the first install. This gives a faulty Evaluation Monitor return. Probably unsure which obfuscated version is valid.

A2. Still unsure why we get a "2" instead of "Valid". May also be effected by multilple obfuscated versions on same test pc.

I'll keep you posted...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: