Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

delete&rebuild non-invariant resx files issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: delete&rebuild non-invariant resx files issue Reply with quote

Hi

I use the build option "Delete and rebuild non-invariant Resx files" and I noticed that Globalizer adds some entries wich should not be there.
In this case its the traylocation for a tooltip component and $this.Localizable.
I also noticed that images are copied wic hare not in my globalizer project but in the invariant file.

I have to mention that my hole globalizer project includes only strings. Originally I imported them with a filter to string only.

Is it true that Globalizer adds some values secretly? If yes, why? And how can I change this?

Regards,
Sven

Last edited by sheitman on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you email your invariant resx and culture specific resx generated by Globalizer.NET to support@infralution.com and we will take a look.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra entries (like TrayLocation) in your resx are metadata - that means it is only used at design time. These entries are not compiled into your embedded resx files. To create the culture specific resx files Globalizer.NET copies the invariant file then strips out all of the data elements. It currently isn't stripping out the metadata elements which it probably should - although because these are not included in the compiled resources it is not really important. We will fix this in the next release.
sheitman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
The extra entries (like TrayLocation) in your resx are metadata - that means it is only used at design time. These entries are not compiled into your embedded resx files. To create the culture specific resx files Globalizer.NET copies the invariant file then strips out all of the data elements. It currently isn't stripping out the metadata elements which it probably should - although because these are not included in the compiled resources it is not really important. We will fix this in the next release.

Ok, thanks for the info.

My other problem was that after rebuild some files include images but my globalizer project contains only strings.
I noticed that the problematic resx file was not overwritten because there where no changes. However in this case it would be important to rewrite it because the existing resx file contains images and location information wich I want to strip of. Is there some way to force a rebuild no matter if there are changes?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We think we may have located a bug in this area. When there are no translations defined for a resx in a specific culture the resx file is still being created and has all the invariant resources in it. Is the symptom you are seeing.
sheitman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.

By the way this is the output text
Quote:
Building ..., Czech
No changes to ....cs.resx skipping writing

If its right that you do not write a resx file if there are no changes so please change this also. Because the file could have changed by someone else (maybe via designer) and could contain unwanted data.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you select the "Delete and rebuild non-invariant Resx files" the resx file should be deleted in any case.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.3.6 of Globalizer.NET has now been released. It includes a fix for the metadata issue (metadata elements are no longer copied to the culture specific resx files) and also fixes a bug when building resx files when there are no translations defined for a given culture. Hopefully these changes should resolve your issues.
sheitman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. Tanks for the update. After some quick verifications it seems my issues are solved. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: