Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question for best practise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheitman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Question for best practise Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a little problem I would like know what you would suggest to solve it.

We develop our program in german and do translate it for czech.

We have some issues with the localized storage of location and size values because sometimes a form is heavy modified and Visual Studio does not apply this changes to all resx files and the old values of location and size are still present in non invariant resx files. The result is that this form is not displayed correctly.

What I realy want to achive is that in my non german resx files only the string values of texts are stored.
I thought about a tool wich cleans my non invariant resx files and deletes all non string entries however you have an option to rebuild a resx file wich seems to be the solution for my problem. Can you confirm this?
What would be the risk of rebuilding it?

In our scenario we would create a form with Visual Studio designer in invariant language only and would use Globalizer to translate it to other languages.

Regards,
Sven
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved this post into the Globalizer.NET forum where I think it should be.

I think the "Delete and rebuild Invariant Resx Files" option will do what you want. If you select this then this ensures that the only resource values in the culture specific resx files are those that are defined in Globalizer.NET workspace. The only ramification of this is that if you have used the Visual Studio designer to make changes to the layout for a specific language (eg to fit a given language you might increase the size of some controls for that language only) then these changes will be lost. In your case this is what you want to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: