Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ILS and IPN.NET Locations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Dukes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: ILS and IPN.NET Locations Reply with quote

Hi - I'm thinking of buying your licensing and IPN.NET products. I want to set up licensing and purchasing for two separate products. I expect the customer base to end up a few hundred for each product. I want to run the Authentication server for each. I'm thinking of running both the Authentication server (using a stand alone database) and the IPN.NET server on a hosted GODaddy web site and the license tracker on a home machine. Could you please comment on whether this seems reasonable and make any recommendations if not. Thanks, Bob
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob, That seems fairly normal. The only thing yoiu may want to consider is possibly hosting the IPN.NET on a seperate domain/web site to your Authentication Server. You can host your Authentication server on your main website (provided it supports ASP.NET). The reason for hosting IPN.NET separately is that you can then host it on a separate hidden domain. This gives you an added degree of security - since it means that there is no easy way for crackers to locate the IPN.NET site. IPN.NET has the parameters for generating your license keys - so if a cracker does manage to break into your site somehow they could potentially obtain these. You would need to use a private domain registration - otherwise a cracker could simply look up your domains in whois.

If you don't think you are likely to be major target for crackers then hosting both on one domain is fine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: