Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tree background painting issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutouaa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: tree background painting issue Reply with quote

Hello Infralution Group,

Here in a case I put a tree control in a TabControl and the tab page is not active, so at this time tree is not visible.
here I find out that tree is still repainting if tree data source is updated, unless I suspend tree data update. I would love to ask for your help if there is any sulution to prevent tree from repainting if the tree is not shown in screen? thank you in advance!
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tree painting is done in response to Paint events - which are generally not sent to a control if it is not visible. The tree does do quite a bit of work in response to a data source update prior to calling Invalidate (which generates a Paint event if the control is visible). If you are trying to boost performance by minimizing response to data updates then the best solution is to either unhook the datasource for controls which aren't visible (ie set to null) or else use SuspendDataUpdate. If you use SuspendDataUpdate you should be careful to ensure that you always match calls with ResumeDataUpdate - otherwise you may end up with a non-updating tree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: