Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Version 2.1.0 Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Version 2.1.0 Released Reply with quote

Version 2.1.0 of Virtual Tree has now been released. This release adds the following features:

* Added SuspendDataUpdate, ResumeDataUpdate methods to allow client applications to temporarily suspend handling of IBindingList.ListChanged events. This can improve performance when making a large number of changes to a data source (such as a DataTable) that does not provide any mechanism to suppress change notifications.

* Added RowSelectedUnfocusedStyle to VirtualTree. This allows you to specify the style used for selected rows when the tree does not have focus.

* Added keyboard actions for Home/End keys (move to top/bottom respectively), Space key (select/deselect) and refined the actions for Left/Right arrows to move selection if the row is already expanded or collapsed.

Plus numerous other minor feature additions and fixes. See the Release Notes for full details.

Last edited by Infralution on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
flc.net

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Version 2.1.0 Released Reply with quote

Great Work!!

Thanks again for the fantastic support.

Giuseppe
Eric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: License? Reply with quote

We have licenses of VirtualTree v2.0.2
Should they be still valid with version 2.1 and then newer versions?

How should I upgrade?
Actually, I have VirtualTree 2.0.2 installed and the copies DLL are besides ressources of our solution. As I cannont reinstall VirtualTree (I need the admin rights that I don't have, or I have to wait that our Helpdesk give them to me), and I've just copied the 3 new DLL (v2.1 that I have installed in a laptop) to the solution, and then removed the files Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree.lic and licenses.licx to enter my license key again, which seems to have work properly.
But I still have the pb "unlicensed version of VirtualTree" on runtime. Moreover, what I had configured as databinding of my Virtualtree disapeared. Not satisfying!
So I 've taken the old files again (v2.0.2) that worked.

I think I should ask the admin rights anyway, almost for saving the licence once in registry, what I cannot do as well as user.
I just wanted to know if a more convenient / easier upgrade could be possible (by copy and paste the dlls).

I have
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your license is still valid with 2.1 - although typically you have to "rebuild" your solution because Visual Studio caches the license key in the resource file and this cached key will be linked to the 2.0 DLLs.

You cannot just copy the DLLs to the solution. For development the DLLs must be registered in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) - although at runtime you can deploy the DLLs by simply copying them. The installer does the registration of the DLLs in the GAC.

The original V2.0 DLLs will be in the GAC. By copying the version 2.1 DLLs to the solution and adding a reference to them you have probably created an aliasing problem in which Visual Studio is confused about which DLLs it should be using. This means that when you attempted to open the form in the designer errors occured (reported in the output window) which prevented the Virtual Tree settings being loaded. If you then saved the form your settings would be lost.

If you are a developer and don't have admin rights to your own development machine you should be screaming. It is almost impossible to do any meaningful development using Visual Studio without admin rights to your own machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: