Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Product Variations: Qty vs Max Authorizations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmunro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Product Variations: Qty vs Max Authorizations Reply with quote

We are planning to sell various "packs" of our software, ranging from 1 to 100 licenses. If I understand correctly, we can set a quantity of 1 for each of these product variations, and alter the Max Authorizations to match the pack quantity. With this setup, a single key would be generated with the allowable authorizations (we are using ILS and IPN.NET). Alternately, we could specify the quantity to match the pack quantity and have that many keys generated.

Am I correct in my understanding, and is there any disadvantage to the single key method (our preference)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct - you can do either. Which is option is best is depends on your requirements. For small numbers of keys (eg 5, 10) issuing individual keys is easy enough for your customers to manage. If you are going to be issuing packs of 100 then the Max Authentications approach is almost certainly better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: