Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Database upgrade fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lalosoft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Database upgrade fails Reply with quote

When I try to upgrade my license tracker database to the latest version it fails. I get an error that states ComException - The object 'DF_Product_Checksu_59FA5E80' is dependent on column 'ChecksumProductInfo.' My original version was 3.3.3.
My database is on a sql 2008 server host on a server 2008 standard box.
My client is running from my Win 7 64 bit machine.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you create your original SQL database? Did you attach the SQL Database that we provided with Version 3 (in SQLDB.zip) or did you use the access upsizing wizard?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done the following: Installed Version 3.3.3 attached to the SQL Server database schema that came with that version. Ran Version 3.3.3 and created Products, Distributors, Customers, License Keys and Sales. Then upgraded to Version 4.6.3. This upgraded the database without any issues.
lalosoft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Install Method Reply with quote

I attached the sql database i believe.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My previous testing was done using SQL 2005. I've tried attaching the 3.3.3 SQL database files in SQL Server 2008 - but this generates an error which makes it unlikely that you took this route. Also SQL Server 2008 didn't exist when Version 3.3.3 was released (in 2006).

It seems most likely that you had an Access database and then ran the SQL Server upsizing wizard. This was how the original SQL mdf files that shipped with Version 3 were generated (by Infralution). Unfortunately the upsizing wizard creates some database objects (such as constraints) with automatically generated names. 'DF_Product_Checksu_59FA5E80' is an automatically generated default constraint on the Product table - however it doesn't actually match the constraint name in the original Infralution generated SQL database ('DF__Product__Checksu__5812160E'). This means that when the Installer can't delete the constraint (because it doesn't know about it). This in turn later causes an error because the installer is unable to drop the column because of the constraint.

I would restore your database to the pre-conversion backup (hopefully you followed the Installer instructions and made a backup before converting). Then you can open the database in SQL Management Studio and open the Product Table. Expand the Constraints and delete all of the constraints. Then try running the 4.6 Database Installer again.

Alternatively you can email a zipped copy of your database (if it is not too enormous to support@infralution.com) and we will take a look at converting it for you.

In version 4.6 we switched to using an installer which programmatically creates the SQL database and converts data between databases to avoid the problems inherent in using the upsizing wizard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: