Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

license and team build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: license and team build Reply with quote

Hello,

i just updated virtual tree from v 3.5 to 3.14.
after a while it worked on my machine (seems that a couple of things changed concerning license). i checked in the changes on the project files and the new .licx files and tried to build the project on TFS team build - but that failed.

i copied the license file to the build server (to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Infralution\Licenses, server runs windows server 2008) but that did not help.

the error message i get is:

Processing complist 'Properties\licenses.licx'...
Properties\licenses.licx(1): error LC0004: Exception occurred creating type 'Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree.VirtualTree, Infralution.Controls.VirtualTree, Version=3.14.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3e7e8e3744a5c13f' System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.CreateWithContext(Type type, LicenseContext creationContext, Object[] args)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.CreateWithContext(Type type, LicenseContext creationContext)
at System.Tools.LicenseCompiler.Main(String[] args)
The command exited with code -1.
Done executing task "LC" -- FAILED.
Done building target "CompileLicxFiles" in project "Infralution.Controls.GroupedVirtualTree.csproj" -- FAILED.

so there seems to be something wrong with the license.
- where do i have to copy the file to? (probably location is different on server 2008)
- do i have to install virtual tree on the build server? (i don't think that our internal support is willing to do that)

thanks for your help!

kind regards
Jürg
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Windows Server 2008 the Common Application Data directory (where the license is installed) is usually located at C:\ProgramData. So the license files need to be copied to:

C:\ProgramData\Infralution\Licenses

An alternative would be to run an interactive build (from Visual Studio IDE) on the build machine. Because there is no license install this will cause Virtual Tree to display a prompt allowing you to enter the license key (which it will install in the correct location).
egl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

i added the files to C:\ProgramData\Infralution\Licenses and it works now.

thanks for your quick help!

kind regards
Jürg
egl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: license warning appears when virtual tree is not installed Reply with quote

Hello,

with the posts above I managed to build on our TFS build server. I tested the build on my machine and it worked without a warning.
on other machines where virtual tree is not licensed (no development machine) it does not work.
i tried it on my machine again (xp, visual studio 2008). i renamed the license directory (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Infralution) so the license file cannot be found anymore. i started the application (that was built on TFS build server which has a license installed). then the license warning appears.

now i'm completely confused. i seems that i don't understand how this works.
could you please help me?

a bit more info about the project:
1. some dll's using the tree are referenced by the .exe
2. some dll's using the tree are loaded dynamic
3. for each of the dll's in 2. i get the licence warning, for those in 1. i don't

thanks & kind regards
Jürg
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default the standard .NET licensing mechanism looks for control licenses in the exe resources. So if you are using the control in a DLL you still need to add the license resource to the EXE. See the following post for more detail on how to do this by hand if required:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21
egl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

that's it. the licx file was not in the project building the exe. I added it and now it works perfect.

thanks for you help!

Kind regards
Jürg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: