Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where should I save my application License File?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Where should I save my application License File? Reply with quote

You can put the licensing file where ever you want. However if you want limited users under Vista to Windows 10 to be able to install the license then you need to put it somewhere where they have permission to write to. The main problem for limited users is that there is no common file system or registry area that they have permissions to write to where they can install the License File. There are three ways of handling this:

1. Install the license file under the users ApplicationData directory. This is the simplest solution however it means that each user of the computer needs to install the license to use your software. This solution is not suitable if you wish to use Clone Detection with Authenticated Licenses. In this case you would have different license files for each windows user on the machine and Clone Detection would see this as a cloned license.
2. Install the license file in a directory under the CommonAppData directory but set the permissions on this directory during setup to allow all users to write to the directory (see this post)
3. Write a separate installer application that is called by setup to install the license file under CommonAppData or in the application Program Files directory. Set the manifest requested privileges level to “requireAdministrator” so that the installer will run with admin privileges and can install the file. Your application can then read the license file running under a limited account
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: