Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignore & in words

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdejong

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Ignore & in words Reply with quote

Is there a way to inform the auto translation to ignore embedded & (&Cancel)? The auto translation is taking this as the word "And", not as a shortcut modifier.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Microsoft Bing translation service seems to handle strings that include "&" better than Google - so it might be worth using Bing for these. I haven't seen the effect you are talking about however. If I use Google to translate "&Cancel" it doesn't translate anything - where as Bing will translate and leave the leading "&".

We could look at stripping the ampersand before translating.
TomClement

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Google vs. Bing Reply with quote

Hi, I've tried using both Microsoft's SOAP translator and Google's REST translator and found Google's to be a bit better. The way I handled things that I don't want translated is to replace them with big numbers programatically, then substitute them back in after calling the translator.

I didn't see the feature to use a translation service as part of this product (trial version). Does it exist?

Tom
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is in the trial version. Select the items you want translated then use the Translation->Auto Translate menu. Select either Bing or Google.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: