Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tag property

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdejong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Tag property Reply with quote

Is there any reason that the Tag property of a control in VB,Net is not being pickled up by Globalizer?

I have a feeling that this property is not localizable but could not find a reference to state that. I tried adding it to the include of the solution in globalizer but it will still not import the tag property.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a feeling that this property is not localizable but could not find a reference to state that. I tried adding it to the include of the solution in globalizer but it will still not import the tag property.

You are right the Tag property is not marked as localizable. So it is serialized by the designer directly in the code. If you look in the InitializeComponent method for your form you will find that the Tag property is being set there (not from resources).

If you need to localize the content of the tag property then you will need to do it programmatically after InitializeComponent is called by setting it from the resources eg

Code:
myControl.Tag = My.Resources.MyTagResourceName

bdejong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that is what I figured was happening. I have never seen anyone try to localize the Tag property before. Our "experts" from an outsourcing company localized the Tag property in the designer file, but they did it in the visual studio generated portion so when a developer modified the form and the file was re-generated all of their localization changes were lost.

they of course denied it as being an issue, but upon further review and a demonstration to them they realized it was a mistake on their part.

the funny part of all this is that they were initially introduced to Globalizer by me when the project started but decided that they could write their own "search and replace" tool to do the job better.

That worked out well for them didn't it... Rolling Eyes

Their special tool performed its job so well it include all files including the designer files.....

They are now using Globalizer....

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: