Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web service/AuthenticatedLicense improvements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Web service/AuthenticatedLicense improvements Reply with quote

Hi

I'm evaluating ILS and I must say it's a very good product!
However, there are still a few feature I miss before I decide to buy:

1 - The ability to warn the user when he's left with the last activation
2 - The ability to retrive the demo expiration date from the web service (another user pointed out this in this forum some time ago)
3 - The ability to query the web service with something like "IsThisKeyValid", to check if the installed license was blacklisted or something similar.

As you can see, all of the features are releated to the AuthenticatedLicense mode, becase the other mode is almost perfect Wink

Thank you for your time
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
1 - The ability to warn the user when he's left with the last activation

We could probably add a method to check the number of authentications left - so that if you wanted to implement this you can.

Quote:
2 - The ability to retrive the demo expiration date from the web service (another user pointed out this in this forum some time ago)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean? Can you point me to the original post?

Quote:
3 - The ability to query the web service with something like "IsThisKeyValid", to check if the installed license was blacklisted or something similar.

Currently you just set the Authentication Limit to zero for blacklisted keys. This means they won't authenticate any more and the user receives an error telling them they have exceeded the allowed number of authentications. While we could add a separate method I'm not sure that it is worth while having the overhead of another call just to give a pirate a a different error message to this.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4.4.0 of ILS has just been released and includes a new "RemainingAuthentications" method on the AuthenticationService class that your application can call, if required, to find out the number of authentications remaining for a given license key. Note that this method takes the authentication key (entered by the user) which is not stored by ILS. This means if you want to use this then you will probably need to modify or override the methods of the AuthenticatedLicenseInstallDialog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: