Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licensing Install on GoDaddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave R

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Licensing Install on GoDaddy Reply with quote

I have installed the Licensing Authentication Server on a sub folder of the root of a web site. I have set that folder and the App_Data Folder to allow read and write access. When I run the Install.asmx form it lets me through the first few parts but fails when it tries to save the connection string to the web.config file. The database is properly configured. The error message at the bottom of the Authentication Server Installation window says

Could not write to Web.Config. Check that you have write permission to the base directory.
Error: The handle is invalid.

I have not been successful at hard coding the GoDaddy connection string for SqlServer or for OLEDB.Any suggestions to correct this issue will be appreciated.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to set the web permissions to allow writing to the directory containing the Web.Config while you are installing. Once the install is complete you can set it back to read only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: