Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinned or fixed row?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Rowley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Pinned or fixed row? Reply with quote

Hi,

I would like to implement a kind of filter by example function for my data. The first row would be editable, and the user can edit it to filter what is shown in the rest of the tree.

The columns obviously need to resize and move with the data columns, so making it part of the tree seems the best way.

It seems like a good way to do it would be to bind to a filter data type, make it editable and update the data when the filter entries are changed. However the problem is how to make that row always appear as the top row rather than scroll with the rest? If I could pin a row I could make it always sort first, but I can't see how to do that.

I thought about trying to modify the ColumnHeaderWidgets to incorporate a text box, but the available cell editors make a normal row more attractive.

Can you think of any easy way to implement this? Can I override GetRowData or RowWidget or something to detect the first displayed row and show the filter row instead?

Thanks

Andrew Rowley
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be possible to do this by creating a custom PanelWidget and overriding the the OnLayout method to insert an extra RowWidget under the header widgets. But it certainly would not be easy and is likely to create problems for things like keyboard traversal (using tab/arrow keys to move between editors). I'm not sure it would even be possible. We will add this idea to our feature request list however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: