Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where did my licenses for IPN go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccrooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Where did my licenses for IPN go? Reply with quote

We are hosting our IPN.net installation on GoDaddy. Twice now I have entered the licenses on the setup page for both IPN and ILS, and they have worked (i.e. they generate license key e-mails without the "Generated by an evaluation copy..." message)... at least for a while.

Both times, after a day or so, the e-mails start saying "Generated by an evaluation copy...". If I go straight to the Default.aspx page, it doesn't prompt again for the passwords, and the password files are in App_Data on the host machine.

Any ideas?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that I can think could cause this is if your domain name changed for some reason. However I checked your authentication records in our license database and each time you have authenticated has been with the same domain name. We use GoDaddy for our own hosting and have never seen this problem.

What version of IPN.NET are you running?

After you install the license keys using the Default.aspx page have you checked that emails generated no longer have the evaluation warning?
ccrooks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version on IPN.dll is 2.1.2.0

Yes, everytime we installed the keys it has worked, but only for a little bit. After that, I would have to delete the ILS4.lic and Ipn.lic files from the App_Data directory, then re-enter the keys at the welcome page to get it to work.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you got the problem were the license keys generated correctly (which would indicate that the ILS license was installed OK)?

Since you have the IPN.NET source code it is possible for you to recompile this without the IPN.NET license check - simply remove the CHECK_IPN_LICENSE conditional compilation symbol (in the Build tab of the Project properties) before compiling.
ccrooks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if you tried to use the license key generated from ILS\IPN in our product with the "eval" message in the e-mail, the key didn't work.
ccrooks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, we just tried it for a third time to make sure it wasn't something else.

We deleted both .lic files from App_Data, then entered both licenses keys on the Welcome page at around 2:00 PM EST yesterday.

At 2:23 PM EST yesterday we did a purchase and it went through fine, no "Generated in eval version" messages in either the e-mail to us internally or the purchaser.

At 3:45 PM EST today we tried again. No luck, it went to saying "Generated in eval version", and the license key it generated is not a valid license key for our product.

Any more ideas on how we can get this working? Do we need to purchase more licenses from you guys?
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason that your licenses could be OK initially and then change so they aren't is if the domain name that ILS gets from the system changes. However each time you have authenticated it has been the same domain name. I'm really not sure what is happening here - unless your system for some reason sporadically returns a different domain name. The best solution for now is probably to compile the IPN.NET source code without the license checks (and include the ILS source code in the solution so it doesn't check for a license key either).

I'll email you a modified version of the IPN.NET project that does this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: