Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I activate different features in my application?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Can I activate different features in my application? Reply with quote

Yes. To do this you include information in the ProductInfo when you generate the license keys. For instance if you have 3 different levels of functionality (say A, B and C) then when you generate the license key you set the ProductInfo to "A", "B" or "C". When your application reads the license key and can read the EncryptedLicense.ProductInfo or AuthenticatedLicense.ProductInfo and enable/disable functionality based on the content.

You could also allow for combinations eg "A;B" and then split the ProductInfo string when you read it to determine which features should be enabled. Note that the longer the ProductInfo the longer the generated keys will be - so you generally want to keep the length of the ProductInfo short.

If you are using Authenticated Licenses then an alternative is to use include the information in the AuthenticationData instead. This data is not included in the key like ProductInfo but instead is uploaded to the Authentication Server and downloaded by the application when the license is installed. This has the advantage that it does not affect the length of the key - this means you can format the data using XML if you want. It also allows you to change the AuthenticationData for a key from License Tracker then when the user reinstalls their key they will get the updated options.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: