Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS Help 2x Runtime files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dclus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: MS Help 2x Runtime files Reply with quote

Installed 3.7.2.0 License Tracker on my laptop and I get an error on installation about "MS Help 2x Runtime files". It installs and runs but when I select help it throws an exception error. This laptop does not have Visual Studio installed... What do I need to correct this and where should I get it? thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The help files use the Visual Studio help system and require the document explorer (dexplore) to be installed. If you install Visual Studio it is automatically installed. You can install it independently if you have a Visual Studio CD. You'll find the installer for Dexplore under the WCU directory on the CD.
dclus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: MS Help Reply with quote

Thanks, I actually used VB 2005 EXPRESS.
dclus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Help runtime Reply with quote

Is there any to get the tracker help to work without installing vb2005 express?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Microsoft don't have a separate download for "Document Explorer". If you have a Visual Studio or MSDN CD then you can install it separately as described above. If you are using VB Express then you may need to install VB Express on the machine to get Document Explorer installed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: