Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resources for this control/form cannot be localized?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david@windward.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Resources for this control/form cannot be localized? Reply with quote

What does this mean:
** WARNING E119: The control/form (AutoTagServer\Resources) in project (AutoTagServer) is not set to be localizable. Resources for this control/form cannot be localized.

The file in question I do have a Resources.de.resx file and it does show both. I looked in the properties for Resources.resx but could not find a way to set it to be localizable. I did put this in the Properties folder - was that wrong?

thanks - dave
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What does this mean:
** WARNING E119: The control/form (AutoTagServer\Resources) in project (AutoTagServer) is not set to be localizable. Resources for this control/form cannot be localized.

This seems a bit unusual. Do you have a form or control in your project called Resources? Normally this message is only displayed for forms or controls which do not have their Localized property set ie you open the form in the Visual Studio designer and set the Localizable property to true in the property window. This will automatically generate the resources for the form.
david@windward.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the file Properties\Resources.resx and Properties\Resources.de.resx - these hold all the strings I need in my code (ie, are not text on a Form).

thanks - dave
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two possibilities:

1. Your Visual Studio project file incorrectly identifies the Resources.resx as belonging to a form.

2. You have accidentally changed the type of the target in Globalizer.NET

In either case you can fix this by selecting the Resources target in Globalizer.NET and then changing the Resx Type to "Embedded Resource" in the Properties tab.
david@windward.net

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;

It's definitely not (1) and it's very unlikely I did (2) - you may want to test if Resources.resx is move to the Properties folder.

thanks - dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: