Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lots of popup messages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keesp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: lots of popup messages Reply with quote

Hi,

I often get a popup box "blah is not a valid ... value" when using the universal text box. This even happens when I enter correct values, for instance 0.001 for a double and so on. When using custom type editors, it often happens that I can set the values in the (modal) editor, but after closing the dialog I get the popup box anyway.
Is there a way to get around this popub box?

Kees
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that this is a problem with your TypeConverter - if you email us a sample project we will take a look for you.

You can change the standard MessageBox error handling for the UniversalEditBox by handling the ValidateTextError event or by deriving a control and overriding OnValidateTextError. If you are using the UniversalEditBox inside VirtualTree it is probably better/easier to derive a new control and override the OnValidateTextError.
keesp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: popup messages Reply with quote

I have been doing some tests, and it appears that the setting the CausesValidation property to 'false' solves the problem with custom type editors. As for the others, I am beginning to believe that some of the errors were in fact correct; as I am working with Dutch settings for decimals places etc., adding anglo-american notation (with dots instead of commans=> 0.001 in Dutch would be 0,001) would of course lead to an invalid setting Embarassed
However it does not account for some of the other errors I saw...I'll keep you posted.

Kees
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: