Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems importing my own tmx files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattHalstead

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Problems importing my own tmx files. Reply with quote

Hi

I recently happened upon this url at The Code Project, providing some useful code for easily identifying untranslated strings in a .Net app: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/ploc.aspx

Ive implented some code that can add one of these translations to a tmx file. Ive (arbitrarily) added the russian language in Globalizer, exported all values to tmx, added garbled translations in russian to the tmx files in my own app, and then imported the result back into Globalizer. No errors occur on import, but no russian translations appear either.

Am I simply using the wrong language code, "ru"? If so, would you suggest doing something else, maybe with the invariant language? If not, is there a problem with the way I have added an extra "tuv" element to the "tu" element? As far as I can see in the tmx spec, its ok.

Heres a sample of the structure of the imported file:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<tmx version="1.4">
  <header creationtool="Globalizer.NET" creationtoolversion="1.4.3.0" o-tmf="GlobalizerWorkspace" datatype="plaintext" segtype="paragraph" adminlang="en-US" srclang="en" creationdate="20080520T015806Z" />
  <body>
    <tu tuid="MineSched.Logic\Resources#StockpileStartBalanceDateError_Format">
      <tuv xml:lang="en">
        <seg>Stockpile {0}: Dates or events are not supported with stockpile starting balances.</seg>
      </tuv>
      <tuv xml:lang="ru">
        <seg>{Stóóçkpííléé {0} : Dââtes or eveñts are ñot süüpported with stoçkpile startiñg balañçes.}</seg>
      </tuv>
    </tu>

Thanks for you help.
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Globalizer.NET import mechanism will not create new translation items in a workspace - but it does allow you to import translations for existing items.

So the invariant item (English) would need to exist already in the Workspace ie have been created as a result of a scan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: