Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ILS with IPN.Net Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
max_carpenter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: ILS with IPN.Net Question Reply with quote

Hi, I am creating an application that wil have two versions (Standard and Professional) We want to only maintain one application.

We want to include a S or a P in the Product info to specify Standard or Pro but also we want to use IPN.Net to automate buying of the software however in the ILS when adding a product the IPN.Net tab only allows me to add one price where as the price is going to be different for the two versions so my two questions are:

1: Is there a way I can use IPN.Net with my application but have two different prices on the same product

2: As the customer is using buying the software through IPN.Net can they choose which version (as to specify what the ProductInfo will be) and it automatically added for when the license code is generated?

Thanks,
Max

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With encrypted licenses you could do what you want by simply creating two separate products in License Tracker and using the same license parameters for both products. With authenticated licenses however you can't use the same license parameters for both products because the product name is used when contacting the authentication server to identify the product and so cannot be the same.

We are addressing this issue in the next release (4.1) of ILS. This will be free for existing Version 4 customers. This version will add the ability to have "product variants". These are essentially variants of a base product which use the same license parameters but have different ProductInfo and/or IPN data. This release should be available in the next week or so.
max_carpenter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Thanks I will keep my eye out for this update then because I need this functionaility for the product we are currently doing.

Thanks,
Max

Thank You
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
max_carpenter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Update? Reply with quote

Hi, is there any update on 4.1? Is there an expected release date? I know you can't give an exact date but any expectancy for it?

Thanks,
Max

Thank You
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably be released Monday or Tuesday of next week (25 or 26 Aug).
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to some issues found during testing the release is now scheduled for Wed 27 Aug 08.
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4.1 of ILS and 2.1 of IPN.NET have now been released. These versions support the ability to create Product Variants which use the same licensing parameters as the parent product but have different ProductInfo and/or IPN.NET parameters. In addition you can now fully configure all types of IPN.NET purchase items (eg Upgrades, Packages etc) using License Tracker by creating Product Variants. See the License Tracker section in the online help for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: