Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to keep our Comments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: How to keep our Comments? Reply with quote

Hi Support,

I use Globalizer.NET as a translator. I have made use of the Comment column in the workspace.

Sometimes, our development team will need to add/change some Invariants to the workspace file. After the file is returned to us, I find that all the Comments are wiped out. Is this by design, or there are better ways to manage this?

I believe the below describes how our Development team uses the workspace file:
Quote:
Import the workspace into the master workspace. Then scan the application for any new resource entries and then Export a new workspace.

Thanks.
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments are largely intended for developers to communicate translation needs to translators. The developer maintains a master workspace containing all languages and exports translations to a separate workspace for individual translators to work on. When the translator has finished the translations are imported back into the master workspace.

Becaused their may be multiple translators working on a project it is not possible to import comments when the translations are imported - as comments from different translators would overwrite each other (and comments the developer may have entered).

I understand you would like some way of maintaining language/translator specific comments on translations - we will look at adding this feature in a future release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Globalizer Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: