Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ContextSwitchDeadlock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhuisinga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: ContextSwitchDeadlock Reply with quote

Hi,

Currently all applications in which I use the licensing system (including the LicenseTracker) are extremely slow in starting up (LicenseTracker may take up to 10 minutes). Once started they behave normally.

When I debug an appI see that it is halting at rsa.Verifydata in the LoadLicense function of EncryptedLicenseProvider.cs

When I pause and restart I finally get the following error Message in vs2005. ContextSwitchDeadlock.

Any idea what is going on here ? (for the record, this is also happening with the licensetracker app and I didn't compile that.)

Mark
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost certainly a problem with your installation of windows/.NET framework. We have had one other report of something similar - see the following thread for more details http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=105
Rich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a wild guess, I'm wondering if .NET is getting clever and heading off to the network for some strange reason, and waiting for a timeout?

Perhaps check firewall, and network settings, as well as running a network trace during application startup.

Also (even wilder guess) is it worth looking whether there are additional crypto providers installed that are being used instead of the regular default one?
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The underlying issue causing this behavior in some (fairly rare) circumstances has now been identified as a Microsoft bug (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948080). We have now released Version 3.7.5 of ILS that includes a fix for this problem - see the release notes for more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: