Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Integration with ShareIt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEdvalson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Integration with ShareIt Reply with quote

Hi,

I just ordered your Licensing System and received a key to it from ShareIt.

I am interested in setting up an almost identical setup for my product. That is, I would like ShareIt to issue licenses and to do downloads for me and I would like to keep track of the licenses ShareIt issues using License Tracker.

Obviously you have already integrated your own web site with Share It.

Would it be possible to obtain information on how to go about doing this? Since you have already done just this, perhaps you could save me and others in a similar position some time.

Thanks,

Don Edvalson
conkerjoe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Share-It Reply with quote

Share-It is a very simple to use web site and they will be more than happy to give you all the help you need to set it up. I was up and running within minutes and the instructions on the web site are very clear.
Fortunatly Infralution works very well with the output of Share-It.... Cool
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have your ShareIt account up and running you can import sales and evaluation data from ShareIt direct into LicenseTracker. To do this you need to:

a. Create your products in LicenseTracker
b. Create a Distributor to represent ShareIt and set the product reference numbers to those assigned by ShareIt
c. Set the Sale Import and Evaluation Import definitions. Definitions that work for ShareIt are included in a subdirectory of the ILS program directory.
d. Ensure that your ShareIt account sends you sales notifications with an XML notification (this is an option in the ShareIt control panel).

Then when sale notifications arrive you can import then automatically into License Tracker
adriaan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: license key generation` Reply with quote

Hi,

I am also interested in using Shareit. Is there any information available on how to generate a custom key generation dll that can be used by the shareit system? I realise if i have the code for the key generation it should be easy to produce one, as Shareit claims to handle .NET framework assemblies. I'm just curious is anybody has done that in a re-usable manner, so i don't have to.

Kind Regards,
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a look at ShareIts key generation kit and it looks like it should be fairly straight forward. We will probably include an example in a future release - but haven't got around to it yet.

We are making some changes to the License Tracker in the next release (2.1) to facilitate using external key generators more easily. In particular it will include an option to allow you import sales data that contains keys that aren't already in the database. If this option is set it will automatically import the keys with the sales data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: