Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generating keys from a web server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmdrew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Generating keys from a web server Reply with quote

I know that there have been other posts on this subject but I can't actually find anywhere that an answer has been posted. How do you generate a license key from a web page? Is this possible? Is there an example somewhere?

To complicate matters further my licensing requires a custom generator but surely this is something which many/most customers would require these days as many products are sold automatically over the Internet.

I am not an ASP.NET developer really but I could follow an example if I could find one... My Web Server is a standard IIS 6 server and my web pages are standard ASP pages (not .NET at the moment). Can anyone provide some pointers as to where to start?

Regards,

Chris Drew
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generating keys is actually very easy. All you need to do is add a reference to the Infralution.Licensing.dll to your web project. Then call the EncryptedLicenseProvider.GenerateKey method from you ASP.NET web page. You will need to run ASP.NET (at least for the page that generates the key).

If you have purchased ILS then you can include the EncryptedLicense and EncryptedLicenseProvider classes directly in your web project (instead of referencing the DLL). This also means you don't need to install the ILS license key.
cmdrew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - how do I get hold of the source code as it doesn't seem as though I received it when I purchased the license? I assume that I just create a simply ASP.NET web application and pass the details through to this page as query strings???
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK - how do I get hold of the source code as it doesn't seem as though I received it when I purchased the license?

The same email that gave you your license keys also would have details on how to download the source code. If you are haveing trouble email support@infralution.com your purchase details (license key, purchase name) and we will help.

Quote:
I assume that I just create a simply ASP.NET web application and pass the details through to this page as query strings???

What your ASP.NET page needs to look like depends on which company is dstributing your licenses. Most distribution companies (eg ShareIt) etc have toolkits to help you build custom generators to their requirements.

Note that if you want to handle distribution yourself our IPN.NET product can help by automatically issuing licenses purchased through PayPal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: