Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Used days

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhofmann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Used days Reply with quote

Hello,

It would be nice to have a second property like the UsageCount in the EvaluationMonitor, but that would only be increment once a day. I'd like to be able to have my product be evaluated for 30 days for example, not just 30 times.

Thanks in advance.
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a DaysInUse property.
bhofmann

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but this is not what I meant. What I would like is a property that counts the number of days the products has actually been used, but doesn't count days where the user doesn't start the program up. I don't wan't my user to start evaluation a product 1 day before going on holliday and when he comes back the evaluation is finished so he can't test it anymore.
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - we'll add it to our Feature Request list.
bhofmann

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks!
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just released Version 3.6.0 which adds a CountUsageOncePerDay property to EvaluationMonitor (and an additional constructor with this as a parameter). If CountUsageOncePerDay is set to true then the UsageCount and LastUseDate values are only updated once a day. This allows you to create evaluations that depend on the number of days that a product is actually used (by checking the UsageCount). So if a user installs your product then goes on holidays their evaluation period will still be valid provided the number of days they have actually used the product has not exceeded the allowable value. For backward compatibility the default value of CountUsageOncePerDay is false.
bhofmann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks a lot !
I'll download it right away Smile By the way, is there some sort of mailing list or rss feed to get informed when there are new releases of both the Licensing and the VirtualTree component?
bhofmann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I download the source code version of the library but it doesn't contain this property, will it be updated later?
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked our source download links and they are working - and have the correct version 3.6 with the new CountUsageOncePerDay property on the Evaluation Monitor. Can you email support@infralution.com with details of your purchase (name and license key) and we will ensure that you have the right source download link and password.

You can get email notifications about updates by joining the appropriate Usergroups on these forums. See the following post for more details:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=946
bhofmann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
I've just checked our source download links and they are working - and have the correct version 3.6 with the new CountUsageOncePerDay property on the Evaluation Monitor. Can you email support@infralution.com with details of your purchase (name and license key) and we will ensure that you have the right source download link and password.

Sorry, it's my fault, I use the download link to the version 3.2 instead of using the link to the latest version.

Infralution wrote:
You can get email notifications about updates by joining the appropriate Usergroups on these forums. See the following post for more details:

http://www.infralution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=946

Thank you, I should have looked harder Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: