Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paypal Testing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VRS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Paypal Testing Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to test using the Paypal Sandbox, and up to this point I've managed to at least get it to post. Hoever I'm having troube identifying the relationships between fields in the IPN Test Tool, and Paypal's sandbox identities.

Under API credentials, Paypal lists:

Test Account: sales_1185393590_biz@somedomain.com Jul. 25, 2007 12:59:57 PDT
API Username: sales_1185393590_biz_api1.somedomain.com
API Password: 1185393597
Signature: AuEz5WBVGtjZEsHE7tfIfMfQB66jAIyIYpQn8Yp-8rdLJqaOmJBbUxih

These don't seem to correlate with anything in the Test tool.

For example, where does one put the signature and/or API password in test tool? I see verify_sign under transaction, but it that for "signature" as paypal calls it?

Basically what's happening is I get an email to the buyer:
"Generated using an evaluation version of Infralution IPN Server

Thank you for your recent order (ZPT2V22XFFGXLB30N) via PayPal. Unfortunately there was a problem processing your payment and we were unable to complete processing your order. Please contact us at support@mycompany.com to resolve this issue."

And an email to the seller:

Invalid PayPal Account: sales_1185393590_biz@somedomain.com
"

I don't understand why this would be an invalid Paypal account. The Sandbox clearly lists that as the seller's account.

I guess the real problem here is a lack of step-by-step documentation AS IT RELATES TO PAYPAL INTEGRATION. Paypal seems to have one term for something, and IPN has another. Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but it seems highly frustrating.

Thanks
J
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal Testing Reply with quote

VRS wrote:
These don't seem to correlate with anything in the Test tool.

For example, where does one put the signature and/or API password in test tool? I see verify_sign under transaction, but it that for "signature" as paypal calls it?

That is because the PayPal IPN mechanism does not use or require the API creditentials. PayPal has a number of different backend integrations mechanisms (IPN, PDT, Web services). This can be a bit confusing at first.

Quote:
And an email to the seller:

Invalid PayPal Account: sales_1185393590_biz@somedomain.com"

The reason you are getting this error is because the account in the IPN post does not match the PayPalEmail account specified in the Settings.xml file. IPN.NET checks that the account in the post matches the expected account. This prevents someone impersonating your account and getting IPN posts sent to your server while making payments into another account.

Quote:
I guess the real problem here is a lack of step-by-step documentation AS IT RELATES TO PAYPAL INTEGRATION. Paypal seems to have one term for something, and IPN has another.

The information about the above is in our online manual in the Getting Started section. We have made an effort to be consistent with PayPals terminology. You have to make sure, however, you are looking at the right PayPal product. Below is a link to the PayPal IPN documentation (which is also linked to from our documentation):

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/xcl/rec/ipn-manual-outside
VRS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I think I've sorted it out now, at least in terms of posting and receiving confirmations. The only thing I still don't understand is why no transactions are actually showing up in the sandbox for either the buyer or seller accounts. Is this to be expected?

And finally, the purpose of my evaluation was to provide electronic download links along with the keys. While the keys are being sent (and I also see the template for providing download links), I would ideally like to provide links which expire after some time. I don't know how this is accomplished, although I've seen it done many times as a customer.

I realize this may be beyond the scope of your product, but it's an essential consideration for me. Is there some method/third party solution which might integrate this functionality with your product?

Thanks,
J
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only thing I still don't understand is why no transactions are actually showing up in the sandbox for either the buyer or seller accounts. Is this to be expected?

Are you actually making the purchase through the PayPal sandbox (and so PayPal is generating the IPN post? If you are using the IPN.NET TestTool to generate simulated posts then nothing will show up in the sandbox (because PayPal doesn't know anything about it).

Quote:
I would ideally like to provide links which expire after some time. I don't know how this is accomplished, although I've seen it done many times as a customer.

I realize this may be beyond the scope of your product, but it's an essential consideration for me. Is there some method/third party solution which might integrate this functionality with your product?

We don't actually provide that - but there are some third party hosting solutions out there that do provide this (sorry I can't remember specifics). I'm sure you could also code something up yourself to do this. I'd check the scripting sites and CodeProject for samples that might get you started.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: