Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sputnik

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Tutorial Reply with quote

After months and months of programming, months of trying to find a good obfuscator, months of trying and learning different licensing apps, (naturally finally choosing Infralution), I'm kind of burned out on trying to learn something else right now....

Is there a step by step tutorial or video of how to setup a shop through paypal, so you can use IPN.Net?
Infralution

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IPN.NET documentation (installed when you install IPN.NET) has a fairly good step by step guide to setting up PayPal. There is also the PayPay documentation here.

You need to have some basic HTML skills. IPN.NET includes some sample HTML to show how to set up your purchase page.
Sputnik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Process question Reply with quote

I guess my problem is understanding the flow or process that happens

I have my purchase.html page set up - I'm just not sure what the flow is -
The entire scenario, step by step of what happens when the purchase is made.
I set up a sandbox account - but the only email address is my normal Paypal email address, so, even when I try to test, it says I can't send money to myself - I'm not sure what to do here.

(A long time ago, I set up an ASP web page (can't remember how), that accepted IPN data and ran the script on that ASP web page....is this possible, so I can insert all the IPN data returned, into my sql server online?)

This is especially hard since, on my localhost, I keep getting an error message when using the Test tool.
"Error posting data: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error"

If I could get help one these items, including the process of what happens, I think I could get further along in my testing.

(I know this is a lot of questions - I hope you don't mind all of them in one post...)
Infralution

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scenario is fairly simple.

1. Customer uses your purchase page to submit purchase data to PayPal
2. Customer makes payment to your PayPal account.
3. PayPal posts purchase data to the web page you have told it to.
4. IPN.NET handles the web post from PayPal, verifies that it is a genuine PayPal payment, checks that the payment is correct and then generates a license key and sends it to the customer. Another email with details of the purchase is sent to you (the vendor). You can then import this purchase into your License Tracker database when you next check your email.

Quote:
I set up a sandbox account - but the only email address is my normal Paypal email address, so, even when I try to test, it says I can't send money to myself - I'm not sure what to do here.

You have to setup a second sandbox account to make test payments from. This should correspond to a real email account that you have access to (if necessary set up a hotmail or yahoo account). That way when IPN.NET sends emails to the account you can verify that they were sent correctly.

Quote:
This is especially hard since, on my localhost, I keep getting an error message when using the Test tool.
"Error posting data: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error"

How are you running the IPN.NET server? You should open the IPN.NET server solution and run it on your local machine. This should open the IPN.NET web page. If you then run the Test Tool while this is running you should be able to post data to the web page. Check that the server_url in the TestTool matches the address of the web page opened when you run the IPN.NET server from Visual Studio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: