Joined: 28 Feb 2005
|Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:35 am Post subject: Version 1.3.0 Released
|Version 1.3.0 of Virtual Data Objects has now been released. This release includes the following new features and fixes:
- Installer is now bundled with the bootstrapper inside a self-extracting zip archive. This fixes permission issues when installing under Vista.
- Changed VirtualRecordset.CreateVirtualRecord method to take an ADODB recordset as a parameter (rather than an index). This allows derived classes to determine the type of VirtualRecord object to create based on the content of the ADODB record. This makes it much easier to map inheritance relationships onto the database schema.
- Added overloaded VirtualRecord.GetValue and VirtualRecord.GetStringValue methods that allow you to specify whether null string values should be converted automatically to Empty strings. This can be useful where you need to distinguish between null database entries and empty entries.
- Fixed issue where calling VirtualRecord.Update more than once for a new record caused an exception
- Added AbsolutePositionNotSupported exception and check for this condition when the recordset is first created. Note that ODBC drivers accessed through ADO do not support AbsolutePosition unless the CursorLocation is set to adUseClient.
Source code customers can download the source code for this release using the download link and password emailed to them at the time of purchase.
See the Release Notes for full details.