Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Typing in Universal edit box AND row selection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keesp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Typing in Universal edit box AND row selection Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to create a situation that, when I click a universal edit box at a certain row, this row is ALSO selected. Is there a neat way of achieving this?

Thanks,

Kees
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you must have CellEditor.DisplayMode set to Always . If it is set to OnEdit then when you click on the cell to edit the row is in fact selected.

For edit controls such as text boxes and universal edit boxes we strongly recommend using OnEdit because it provides better performance and a more consistent look to the VirtualTree.

If you really do want this behaviour with DisplayMode Always editors then let us know. There is currently a private method in the CellWidget class called OnEditorGotFocus that could be made "virtual protected" to allow you to implement this type of behaviour. It is not desirable in the general case because DisplayMode Always editors are typically used for controls like CheckBoxes where you don't really want selection changing as well.

Last edited by Infralution on Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

OnEdit is perfect! Just the behaviour I needed. My virtual tree has become quite complex by now, and it is fine to see that the control still can facilitate an intuitive style of operation, especially considering the users of our application.

Thanks again,

Kees
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Virtual Tree Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: