Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating online LicenseTracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brettr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Creating online LicenseTracker Reply with quote

I'd like to create something similar to LicenseTracker but asp.net/mssql based. I already have customer information in my mssql database and will store all new customers there. This avoids any duplication by using another database/source. Customers also have access to update their information so it keeps everything in real-time if there is a central location for their data. I keep billing information here as well.

I'll use the custom license generator code (from the samples) online and embed Product Info with checksum for each license. I'll create my own license table to store all existing licenses there. This will be part of my overall DB schema and connect with customer/sales data.

From an overview, do I just take the license generated, store that into a table and link it with my customer? I'll link sales info as well and create an asp.net form to view license info for each customer. It will be a smaller part of my admin account section.

Can you give some general comments on what I'm getting into or if I have a good working model of what is needed?

Thanks,
Brett
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds about right - however you probably don't want to use the code from the custom generator sample project. The CustomGenerator sample builds a plugin for LicenseTracker that allows you to customize the user interface for license generation. Since you are really building your own license tracker you won't need to use this mechanism.

When you purchase we provide code for the License Generator application. This is the code that you probably want to copy. It shows how to generate licenses using EncryptedLicense.GenerateKey.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: