Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

allow licenseKey to be stored outside of the .lic file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpieslak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: allow licenseKey to be stored outside of the .lic file Reply with quote

I would like to store the licenseKey for my product in a database, rather than in the .lic file.

I have implemented this locally with the 3.2.4 source code, and it works pretty well.

I modified the EncryptedLicenseProvider class to have 2 new protected overridable methods "WriteKeyToPersistentMedium" and "ReadKeyFromPersistentMedium". The base implementation of these methods is that current functionality where the key is stored in the .lic file.

I can then inherit from EncryptedLicenseProvider and override these methods, allowing me to put the licenseKey somewhere else.

The basic idea comes from how the base Page class exposes overridable methods for reading & writing the ViewState. The default implementation is to write the ViewState into the HttpResponse, but you can also write your own custom implementation too by overriding 2 methods.

I'd be glad to provide my source code if you'd like it.

Cheers,
-Brian
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just override the existing WriteKeyToFile and ReadKeyToFile methods to read/write to a database. Is your method different to this?

Another alternative is to take fully control over reading/writing the license key and the use the ValidateLicenseKey method to validate the key. The sample CustomLicenseApp project takes this approach.

You can certainly email your modified code to us (support@infralution.com) and we will take a look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: