Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

License Scenarios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcsk77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: License Scenarios Reply with quote

Hi,
Does this support licensing scenarios with the following contraints?

1. Domain (ie. licensed for particular domain, or multiple domains)
2. Number of CPU (ie. max 2 cpu)
3. IP address (i.e. locked to particular IP or range of IP)

I am looking at a solution for licensing DNN modules the above scenarios are what I think would be common for licensing ASP.NET modules. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Steven Kuo
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be fairly easy to implement locking to any of the below. You can either include the information directly in the ProductInfo of the license key (which may result in very long license keys) - or you can have the user enter the information (domain/IP etc) as clear text and include a checksum in the license key to validate the entered info when you read the license. The Custom Licensed App sample shows how to do the latter. We recommend the latter approach in order to keep license keys relatively short. It is generally easier for users to deal with shorter keys plus some clear text.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: