Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why aren't runtime licenses working for my component?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject: Why aren't runtime licenses working for my component? Reply with quote

I am building a licensed component. The design time license seems to install OK in my Test application - but when I run the test exe there is no runtime license installed and the evaluation message pops up. How do I get this to work?

There are several things you need to ensure to get the runtime licenses install correctly:

1. Ensure that the type you are licensing has the LicenseProvider attribute defined for it eg

Code:

[LicenseProvider(typeof(MyControlLicenseProvider))]
public class MyComponent

2. Ensure that your test application has a licenses.licx file defined and included in the project as an embedded resource. The licenses.licx file should include a line like:

MyNamespace.MyComponent, MyDLLName

See the “Component and Control Licensing” section in our documentation for more info. If you add you component to the test form using the designer toolbox then VisualStudio should automatically create the licx file for you (if you have done step 1). If VisualStudio added the file then you should check that the version information is correct. It is a good idea to remove this additional information from the license.licx files of sample projects as it ties the license file to a particular version of your component and can cause problems later if you update the component version and forget to update the licx file.

Once you have done the above select “Rebuild Solution” for your test application. You need to use rebuild because the compiler does not detect changes to the licx file alone and so won’t rebuild automatically.

A good way to test whether you have got the first two steps right is to delete the license file for your type from the test application bin directory (ie remove the design time license). Then select “Rebuild Solution”. When the compiler compiles the licx files it creates an instance of each of the listed licensed types. Your licensing code (included in the constructor of the licensed type) should be then executed displaying the LicenseInstallForm.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: