Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can i Generate and save keys in SQL Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: How can i Generate and save keys in SQL Server Reply with quote

Hi,

I am developing a windows based client server application on Multi user environment. Basically i want to sell my software based on User license if the client like to create a new user in the application he will enter the userinfo my application should be in a position to generate the Serial ID. To active the user he will call or email the Serial ID and Userinfo after i receive the payment i will send the Activation Key (Serial Key). Those keys i should be in a position to save in the SQL Server on the client server. so that when the user logs on i can cross check. Could any one please help how i can do this with Infralution Component.

Regards,
Balaji
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can configure License Tracker to use SQL Server as the back end database (see the FAQ "Can I use SQL Server for my License Tracker database?"). You can also create a CustomGenerator for LicenseTracker that will embed the SerialNo or a checksum of a user name into the generated licenses ProductInfo. See the CustomGenerator sample and the online documentation for more information.
Weissnich

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can also create a CustomGenerator for LicenseTracker that will embed the SerialNo

Afaik CustomGenerator cannot manipulate serial no?

public override void GetLicenseKeyData(LicenseKeyData data, ICustomer customer, ISale sale)
{
}

does the magic and neither LicenseKeyData, ICustomer nor ISale has a serial no property.

I thought License Tracker is generating incremented serial numbers by its own?

If there is a way to manipulate serial no in CustomGenerator please post a short sample.
Thank You!
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are right that was confusing. The serial no I was referring to was not the ILS serial number - but the Serial ID mentioned by the user in their previous post - presumably generated by some algorithm based in the users hardware eg the hard disk serial number.

You cannot manipulate the ILS serial number with via the custom generator interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: