Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licensing Assemblies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snaidamast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Licensing Assemblies Reply with quote

I would like to license an assembly that a customer ofmine can use in an application they create and sell to a third party. Other than allowing my customer to distribute the license file that he creates once he enters the key he receives from my website, how else could my customer make my assembly available within his or her own product without requiring the entry of the key to my licensed assembly again.

The instructions which come with Infralution's product applys to a control but does not appear to apply to a class-library or an assembly as I have already attempted to use a text-based ".licx" file as per the instructions on the Microsoft Windows Forms .NET technical site. These are the same instructions that the Infralution help system provides with their licensing tools.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you...
Infralution

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assemblies containing class libraries can be licensed using the same mechanism as controls (our Virtual Data Objects library is licensed in this way). The only difference is that the licenses.licx file entries are not generated automatically by Visual Studio for class libraries. So your customer may have to create these entries manually.

What problem are you having?

A good suggestion would be to try out the LicenseControl sample and get familiar with the mechanism for controls before you try to implement this for your class library.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: