Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample HowTo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Sample HowTo Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm not able to check out how to generate a valid name/key pair for VS2k5 C# sample 'Custom Licensed Application'.

The problem is that i have no clue what data to enter into the 'Licensed to' textbox?
I guess the key is not the problem.
Licence Tracker tells me it needs a distributor which is not mentioned in the short instruction text i found in source file 'MainForm.cs'.

Maybe you are willing to post a COMPLETE step-by-step documentation on how to work with this sample.
Highly appreciated!

Greetings,
Bernhard

bb@elteg.de
Infralution

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a step by step guide:

1. Build the CustomGenerator project
2. Copy the CustomGenerator.dll in the License Tracker directory (under Program Files\Infralution\Infralution Licensing System)
3. Open the License Tracker application
4. Create a new Distributor (Name = "Self") using the File->New->Distributor menu
5. Create a new Product (Name = "MyProduct") using the File->New->Product menu.
6. Type "CustomGenerator.MyGenerator,CustomGenerator" into the Custom Generator field.
7. Ensure that the "Generate Keys at Point of Sale" check box is ticked.
8. Create a test customer using the File->New->Customer Menu
9. Create a Sale using the File->New->Sale menu
10. Click the Generate button to generate a license key - this should display the custom generator form which allows you to enter the company the license is for.
11. Run the Custom Licensed App sample and click Install License
12. Enter the company name you used to generate the key and the license key
bb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

Great job, finally it's working.

On item 4. of your step by step guide i ran into a 'NullReferenceException' just by right-clicking into the 'Product References' grid.

Yesterday i ran into another exception but don't recall how it happened.

Thanks again, hope my boss will also like to have this great product.

Greetings,
Bernhard
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were unable to replicate the exception you reported in step 4. If you can replicate it we would appreciate it if you could post the stack trace and error message.
newyuppie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: i have arrived to an exception utilizing this example Reply with quote

i generated i custom license and it worked fine. after that, i opened the same product, and tried to remove and generate a new custom license.
i got an exception,

Exception Type: InvalidRecord
Message: Exception of type 'Infralution.VirtualData.InvalidRecord' was thrown

Stack Trace:
at Infralution.VirtualData.VirtualRecord.GetRecordSet()
at Infralution.VirtualData.VirtualRecord.GetValue(string fieldName)
at Infralution.LicenseTracker.LicenseKeySale.get_Key()

cant reproduce at this time but will post if i can.

using latest version of license tracker 3.3.1
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i opened the same product, and tried to remove and generate a new custom license

What exactly do you mean by this? If you can give us step-by-step instructions for what you did it will help us to replicate the problem.
newyuppie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steps to reproduce exception:

1) Use License Tracker with SQL server to connect
2) Create a dummy customer, product and distributor
3) have nothing else on the database, no keys generated, just these 3 dummy variables
4) for the dummy product, set the generator to CustomGenerator.MyGenerator, CustomGenerator and check the Generate Key at Point of Sale checkbox.
5) create a new sale for the dummy product and assign to it the dummy customer, product and distributor. dont press OK yet.
6) press "Generate..." to generate a new license key with the custom generator. use the default setting (licensed to: customer, num processors:1) and press OK.
7) right click on this new sale and choose "Open" to edit it.
Cool Select the previously generated license key number and "Remove" it.
9) Press "Generate" to generate a license again, using the same defaults as before.
10) press OK to exit to main screen, you will get the Exception here.

thanks
Infralution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that accurate description. It has enabled us to replicate the problem and I think we have a fix for it. We will try to get a release out in the next few days with the fix. This shouldn't be a major issue since the error only occurs if you remove a license key from an existing sale and generate another - probably not a normal usage pattern.
jbr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar issue. Basically I have been using a Customized, Custom Generator for licensing and it has worked perfect for months as I have been using Version 3.0 of your licensing suite. Once I upgraded to 3.3.1 tonight I get an exception as soon as I click on Generate License in the Sale Dialog. I am using the Access version of the database. I can post a stack trace but it will require me to reinstall 3.3.1 as I had to go back to 3.0 as I need to be able to generate licenses. Basically it is very similar to the above issue but it has something about not being able to load a file somewhere in the stack trace. If you need more info email me back at my forum email. It is the same as the one listed in the customer database.
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it probably is a different issue. My guess is that your problem is that you need to recompile your CustomGenerator. Note that Version 3.3.1 only supports custom generators compiled using Visual Studio 2005. If you still are using Visual Studio 2003 then you will need to stick to version 3.2.3 (or earlier) for now.
jbr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try that and let you know my results. I didn't see anywhere in the help about recompiling the code for 2005 so obviously I skipped that step. I hope it is as easy as that as I do like the UI better in the License Tracker application, much more polished than the 3.0 version as well as tracking total sales, etc...
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original problem here (with InvalidRecord exception being thrown) has now been fixed in Version 3.3.2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: