Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(405) Method not allowed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taytay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: (405) Method not allowed Reply with quote

I was able to run the server locally without a problem, but now that I have put the server on my web host, I get the following error when I try to post from the test app:
---------------------------
Post Error
Error posting data: The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed.
OK

Do you know off the top of your head what config error might cause this?

Many thanks,

Taylor
Infralution

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to turn tracing on your server by enabling the setting in the Web.Config file:

Code:
<trace enabled="true" localOnly="false"/>

The following is from the help section titled "Deploying the IPN.NET Server":

Quote:
ASP.NET provides a trace mechanism that allows us to find out exactly what occurred at the server when we posted the data - even without debugging support. Open a new Internet Explorer window and enter the URL of your deployed server followed by "trace.axd" (eg "http://www.mycompany.com/sandbox/trace.axd"). This should display a page containing a list of page requests posted and retrieved. There should be (at least) two entries. The GET entry corresponds to the initial display of the blank page in Internet Explorer. The PUT entry corresponds to our post from the IPN Test Tool. Click on the View Details link next to the PUT entry to display full details of the post. If you made a mistake with the name of your SMTP server then you would see a trace report similar to this. If you scroll down through the report you will quickly locate the source of the problem highlighted in red. Once you have the SMTP address configured correctly for your website you generally don't need to use the trace mechanism because IPN.NET will email you full details of any other problems that may occur.

Taytay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infralution wrote:
You need to turn tracing on your server by enabling the setting in the Web.Config file...

That's exactly what I thought too, but oddly enough, my trace log is empty. I've read about this error a bit and haven't found much conclusive unfortunately. From the looks of this error however, I think that the server is not configured correctly. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what's wrong with it though. I guess it's somewhat telling that you haven't had this reported before...

If you can think of anything else to try, I'm all ears Smile
Taytay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

Turns out that aspx files weren't properly "script mapped" on the server, so IIS wasn't allowing POSTs to aspx pages...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> IPN.NET Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: