Infralution Support Forum Index Infralution Support
Support groups for Infralution products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gnerating licences along with sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevbryan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Gnerating licences along with sales Reply with quote

Hi.

I am a complete noob to licencing. I have the following scenario and wondered how I would use the infralution product to deal with it.

We are developing a multilanguage c# .net app. The inital contract is to supply 10 copies of the app to customer A.
Q. Would I use the licence generator to generate 10 licences and then paste in the validation parameters into myapp.cs file?

The customer comes back and wants more copies.
Q. Do I have to reuse the licence generator, and update myapp.cs to paste in the new validaiton parameters? If so then I will have to re-release the app evertime somebuys it which is not acceptable.

Q. If I think i'm going to sell 20,000 copies of the app, but dont want to do any code changes in the app ever again [save bug fixes Sad ] then how do i use the licencing product to deal with that scenario.

As I said i'm a complete noob so please reply at my level.

Thanks in advance
Infralution

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Q. Would I use the licence generator to generate 10 licences and then paste in the validation parameters into myapp.cs file?

You only have to generate the validation parameters (and paste into your code) once. The validation parameters are used to validate that the licenses were generated using your product password (ie the same password that you entered when generating the validation parameters).

Quote:
Do I have to reuse the licence generator, and update myapp.cs to paste in the new validaiton parameters? If so then I will have to re-release the app evertime somebuys it which is not acceptable.

No - see above.

Quote:
Q. If I think i'm going to sell 20,000 copies of the app, but dont want to do any code changes in the app ever again [save bug fixes ] then how do i use the licencing product to deal with that scenario.

No problems - just keep issuing licenses using the same product password. If you do decide you want to release a new version which customers must pay for then you can simply change your product password, generate new parameters and insert them in your code then start issuing license using the new product password

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Infralution Support Forum Index -> Licensing Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: